Saturday, September 19, 2009

Soccer Season in Full Swing
















I actually live for my kids sporting events. I am so competitive that I AM that psycho mom on the field that is completely upset at a bad call or when the team isn't playing well. When Connor was born, Tyson and I talked about the days when we would be able to watch our kids playing sports and it seemed so far away. Today, Connor is in his fifth year of soccer and Courtney in her second. Tyson is the assistant coach (once again) for Connor's team. The head coach is amazing. He takes his job very seriously and teaches the boys really well. Connor is a great teammate and is improving a lot. Some of the boys have some amazing skills and have made some great shots. His team is called the Red Devils. It's really fun to watch the progression from pee wee soccer when they run in packs to the ball to now where they play in their positions. Connor is having a great time. Courtney plays for the Fearless Tigers. And that's exactly what she is. When we showed up for the first practice, I wasn't so sure they put her on the right team. She was so small compared to the other girls. But size has no matter. This girl is fierce and has already proven her spot on the team as one of the best. She attacks the ball at all times and at all cost. Today she played goalie and was VERY impressive. Everyone was astounded at her skill. She was crazy diving at balls and after catching one had girls kicking at her face while she was holding the ball. Hmmm, I wonder where she got that competitive edge from? I take full credit because I am proud of it! I only wish I could watch more of the game instead of chasing around crazy toddlers. It's funny, here in California, that in the all seasons of baseball, basketball and soccer, I am the only mom at all of these games that has young babies with me. The joke's on us, they were all smart and stopped after two kids! j/k. sort of. We'll update the season as it goes along, but so far we are off to a great start.













No comments: