Thursday, April 29, 2010

La Jolla Half














I started training for the La Jolla Half Marathon in January. I used to hate running. I can actually say now that I LOVE it. It all started after Courtney was born. My friend Meagan and I would go walking with our jogging strollers. Slowly, she would encourage us to just run to the end of the street until one day, we became runners. Two kids later, I would run in hopes of dropping the baby weight. After I lost the baby weight, I wanted to run for a purpose and so......I signed up with some friends for the La Jolla Half Marathon (which is one of the hardest in the country). There were lots of hills and one HUGE hill. I woke up at 2 in the morning for the big race. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. I was so determined to finish in under two hours. I kept checking my time and really had to push it at the end. My final time was 1:58:01. I am pretty happy with my time and don't think I could have pushed myself any harder. Tyson is happy that it is finally over. My weekly long runs were taking a toll on him. Well, he will get a short break until I sign up for the next one! I think I want to try an easier course and improve my time. Until then....I'll just keep running!





4 comments:

Malerie said...

Way to go! Congrats on making your goal! That's awesome.

The Woodlands said...

So proud of you!! That is AWESOME and waaaay better than I can imagine doing right now :o)
Rock Star mommy!

Sara K. said...

Congrats! I hated running too until I started training for a marathon. I did my first full in January at the Phoenix Rock n' Roll. The course is super flat and fast; it's a great event. You should look into that one :-)

Antonia said...

You're amazing Brittany!! I'm very proud of you!! I wish I had your stamina to do all this running!!