Monday, December 7, 2009

American Girl

Ready to go on our trip to LA
Right as we walked in the front doors of American Girl Place!

We just purchased her look alike doll.

Outside by the front window


Inside by the girlie Christmas tree

Just seated at the cafe!

They have special chairs for the dolls to sit in:)

How cute is the cafe?

Courtney's doll, she named her Lacey

The lunch was way overpriced!

The birthday dessert

Flower pot chocolate mousse, sugar cookie, and cake!
Every mom and daughter needs to have the American Girl experience. This year for Courtney's birthday, we planned a trip to the American Girl store. Originally, we were not supposed to have a party too, but if you know me, you know that I just can't help myself. Especially when it comes to girl parties! Courtney recently became interested in the American Girl dolls. She didn't know exactly which one she wanted so it made the trip lots of fun to decide once we got there. The store was amazing! It was little girl heaven. Two floors of dolls, accessories and clothes to look at. Courtney finally decided on the doll that looks most like her. They have so many dolls with hair color, length, skin complexion, eye color, etc. to choose from. She also really wanted the Rebecca doll. I let her choose one outfit too. After blowing $150 on the doll and outfit, we had lunch at the cafe. Even though it was really overpriced, it was definitely worth it. The waiters make it so special for the girls. They have a doll seat that connects to the table, they even serve the dolls some drinks. The food wasn't great, but it was soooo cute in there. They brought out a cute little question box with questions for the mom and daughter to ask each other to encourage dinner conversation. It was adorable. Seeing the millions of girls with their dolls and their moms just made me smile. I crave these girlie times with my daughter because I know it is only going to happen once. She's only turning 7 once! I'm up to my ears with boy time! Anyways, I highly recommend that if you have a daughter this age, this trip is a good one! Courtney hasn't put down her doll since we got home. And thanks to Grandma Chali, we have many outfit changes per day including pajamas at bedtime. I just love being a girl!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are the coolest mom :). Do you think Xander would like that for one of his birthdays? lol. I guess I need to have a girl one of these days.