Thursday, October 16, 2008

McDonalds!
So Tyson informed me in the beginning of the week that he would be having dinner with a bunch of fancy shmancy doctors in Del Mar at Il Fornaio on Thursday. So, I decided that I would take the kids to McDonalds that night. I told the kids to be on their best behavior this week and that they might get lucky and get a happy meal. So all week long I was able to hang McDonalds over their heads. "Connor, if you keep bugging your sister, I will leave you at home while the rest of us enjoy our dinners at McDonalds." Every time I brought it up he straightened right up. You have to know that my kids only eat at McDonalds once every few months, and when we do we usually order of the $1 menu. So this was a huge treat. And I will only pay for happy meals if the toys are semi-decent, I mean a 4-piece chicken nugget meal costs $4.19 now! So as we rolled into the McDonalds parking lot the kids are totally freaking out. When we got inside and discovered Hot Wheels and Barbie toys, it was like my kids hit the jackpot. You would have thought I was taking them to Disneyland and buying them a filet mignon dinner! I wish I would have taken the pictures to prove it. Anyways, it just goes to show that kids don't need a lot to be happy in life. Just a trip to Mcdonalds and ordering a happy meal:)

1 comment:

Vanessa Honda Photography Blog said...

Isn't that funny? It's like my kids being just as excited about the toys I got at the $.99 cent only store as the ones I spent $40 on... I don't think I have ever bought a happy meal for my kids - we always order from the $ menu. So maybe I will use that as a great bribe sometime. Soon. Before the Hot Wheels and Barbies are out....