Friday, January 15, 2010

Owen's First Day of Preschool

Well, I was going to start Owen in preschool in the fall, but I just didn't think he was ready yet. Well, ready or not, he is going to preschool now! He has been talking about going to preschool for a couple of months now. I don't know that he really knew what it was all about but he was talking about going. Jack has finally reached an age where I just can't manage two crazy toddlers anywhere in public that isn't a park or somewhere that they can run wild and be free. After an exasperating month of December full of Christmas shopping and losing one of the boys at the mall at least three times, I signed him up for the first preschool that had an opening in January. This picture is on his first day. He got a cute new Thomas backpack from Grandma Chali for Christmas and just looooves it. He puts his trains and his blankey in there to take to school. After his first day, I asked him if he loved it and couldn't wait to go back. He said, "No, no more preschool." Well too bad! I so needed this few hours to run errands like grocery shopping and such, and even though I still have one crazy boy, it is still much better than two. And at Trader Joe's they don't offer double seats in the carts so this solved my problem of shopping there. Wow, just one more kid to go and I might actually get to experience real freedom again. But honestly, I am in no rush for my last baby to grow up and be out of the house. After two weeks of preschool, Owen is finally getting used to the structure and is starting to like it. Yeah for Owen!

2 comments:

Brooke and Tyler Todd said...

I can't believe you guys have 4 kids! We'll never get to that #! It's just not in the cards for me! It is hard getting anything done with just one crazy boy!

Brett said...

So we were out blog stalking tonight, and I think it is GREAT that Owen is in pre-school because... now maybe he'll get used to giving out high fives, and hook me up. Good job Owen!