Friday, February 6, 2009

My Little Hugh Hefner




Lately, Owen has been so picky about his clothes. For a few weeks he would not take off his shoes for anything and now he will not put them on. If I try to put them on, the second I turn my back they are off again. So needless to say, we make a lot of shoeless trips. He won't wear a jacket no matter how freezing cold it is outside (and even though I spent a lot of $$ on some rad Quicksilver hoodies). And now he throws a major two year old tantrum every morning when it is time to get dressed. He wants to wear his "jammies" all day long. Wouldn't we all? And now to make things worse, he only wants to wear specific types of jammies. Last week he was all about the racecar jammies, but this week all he wants is his bus jammies. This morning he got some pooh from his diaper on his bus jammies and are therefore not wearable. I tried to convince him of some of his other cool jammies in his drawer and he threw them all over the room. Whatever am I going to do? Does anyone have advice for picky dressers?


4 comments:

Rene Potter said...

That is so funny. Aubree has always been like that - refuses to let me dress her and picks out her own completely mismatched outfits. I just let her. Until she goes to kindergarden and it really starts to matter (cause kids might poke fun at her) I say why stress yourself with the fight? Judge used to hate shoes and now he's obsessed. He'll put on Aubree's shoes so I'll let him until he needs to go to preschool and then I'll switch last minute. I'd say don't make it a direct confrontation...like have him excited/focused on something else and throw some clothes on him. Kids are so funny!

Vanessa Honda Photography Blog said...

All I can say is: At least you can get him to wear something! Audrey went through a nudist stage a while back and I couldn't keep anything on her. As soon as I got her dressed, she would pull everything off again. She still has to strip down to nothing to go potty -even if she just has a shirt on, she thinks she can't do it!

And Owen is so cute, no one really notices what he's wearing anyways....

Reeves Family said...

What a cutie! I can't believe how much he's grown! I definitely don't have any advice for ya.....Kallie has always been the worst to get dressed and still is! :)

Tiffany said...

that is too funny, just let him run around with poo on his clothes! what's the big deal?? LOL I think its great he only wants to wear jammies, Jack only wants to wear snow boots, which is okay if it's raining, but not so much when it's like 80 outside like it was a couple weeks ago...they have there things! I am sure it will pass eventually :)