Sunday, December 7, 2008

Butterfly Birthday Party


So I pulled off another birthday party this year for Courtney's sixth birthday. I tried to convince her to do a gymnastics party at the YMCA so that I could just show up, pay, and then leave. But my kids are high maintenance and have their own ideas of what kind of birthday party they want. They start planning their ideas probably six months before their actual birthday. This year, Courtney wanted to have a butterfly birthday with no boys allowed! I guess you can't blame her since she is surrounded by boys constantly at home. I wanted to do a party with her entire kindergarten class but she just wouldn't have it. The party went off without a hitch! I need to give a shout out to the greatest friends ever, Teresa Rizzo and Rachel Hawkins for making it all run so smoothly and to Molly Dana for watching my two baby boys while I pulled off the party! We started out with butterfly shaped pizza, cheetos and orange slices and the girls loved having their apple juice in special champagne glasses! Then we set to work on decorating their own butterfly wings with jewels, fuzzies, flowers and ribbons! Next, we played Pin the Antennae on the Butterfly. Rachel painted a giant butterfly on some posterboard and we fashioned pink pipe cleaner into antennae. Then we played musical flowers which is just like musical chairs. We placed flower shapes in a circle while the girls danced around the circle. When the music stopped, one girl was out. I was hesitant to do this game since there would only be one winner, but I think everyone handled it very well. Last, we did cake and presents and the girls played in their butterfly wings before going home! Courtney had a great time. Now, I am onto planning Jack's first birthday for this spring! I hope everyone can come!

































2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are such a great mom! all that work. i am so happy it turned out so well. those butterfly wings are awsome. i love oriental trading co. they always have fun stuff for parties.

The Fago Family said...

You are the BEST mom! What a CUTE birthday party... making wings and all. I love the tall flutes! So cute.... I know who to come to for Avy's next party! :)