Sunday, October 25, 2009

Connor all grown up!





I just had to brag that my 3rd grader just finished book 7 of the Harry Potter series. When summer started, we tried to get him motivated to read. We told him that if he read all seven Harry Potter books we would pay him $5 per book. Well, once he started, we couldn't get him to stop. He was reading sometimes 5-6 hours per day. He loves Harry Potter so much that he is dressing up like him for Halloween. I also wanted to show some of his Lego creations. He is sooo stinkin' creative. I loved this plane design he came up with. I think we are going to send it into the magazine. What a smart kid!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Wow- Connor sure is a bright kid! That is an amazing plane he made...

And ever since Jard came to stay and you guys got him hooked on the Harry Potter series, that is all he ever does as well. Jared is in the middle of book 5 right now I think he won't put them down until they are all done. For almost a month he didn't have book 3 because it was always checked out from the library - he begged me to take him almost every day to see if it was in yet. Well, it was never in, so we finally went to Barnes and Noble where he bought it with his own money! I think it is fun that our boys like the same things! We can't wait to do Disneyland with you again!

Vanessa